GII 2020: Top 10 innovative countries include Sweden, UK, Denmark and Germany
4 September 2020
The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) has issued their annual Global Innovation Index and the rankings of the most innovative countries are pretty much the same as last year, with Sweden on an impressing silver position after Switzerland and with the US on a 3rd rank. The UK can be found on rank 4, Denmark on rank 6 and Germany on rank 9, all these are innovative countries with a local Zacco presence.
Looking into the effects of the pandemic one of the key findings of the GII is that innovation funding is partly drying up which impedes in particular young firms and R&D intensive startups, but this is also hitting developing countries unevenly harder. Anyhow, the index also states that opportunities have arisen from the disruption caused by the coronavirus and that some industries have undergone an exceptional phase of innovation and creative collaboration. Healthcare, teleworking, education, e-commerce and mobility are mentioned in particular.
The full report is accessible on the WIPO website.Back to all news
- Camilla Rendal Nielsen named as one of the Top 250 Women in IP for 202124 Juni 2022
- Zacco shortlisted for 10 awards in the Managing IP EMEA Awards 202228 April 2022
- Zacco partners with Atal Incubation Centre, Manipal University Jaipur to foster innovation25 April 2022
- Zacco’s Stockholm office has moved to new premises22 April 2022
- Patent Nord Innovation Award given to PanPac Engineering21 April 2022
- Zacco feat. Morten Jessel, new Attorney-at-law20 April 2022
- Zacco moves to our new office in the centre of Malmö4 April 2022
- Tier One for Trademark Prosecution for Zacco Denmark, Sweden and Norway22 März 2022
- Launch of the .AU domain for Australia10 März 2022
- Zacco helps those affected by the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine9 März 2022