Thomas Rukin appointed new Regional Director for Norway & the UK
24 Juni 2020
We are proud to announce that experienced Attorney-at-Law and Head of Legal at Zacco, Thomas Rukin has taken over the lead in the region Norway & the UK. Thus, he is now heading a skilful team of close to 50 patent, trademark and design attorneys and paralegals.
Attorney-at-Law Thomas Rukin joined Zacco in 2012 and has become a corner stone in the region’s legal and trademark business. In his new role as Regional Director, Thomas will particularly focus on directing the business operations in the region while pursuing Zacco’s financial vision, mission and long-term goals. Finance Manager Klaus Hedengran Rasmussen will support him as new Deputy Regional Director.
“As an IP lawyer, I have had the pleasure to represent Zacco’s clients in numerous court cases and to assist them in enforcing and protecting their rights. But when the world changes, so do we at Zacco. We have defined a new way of sorting assets into three different types, and this thinking leads us to new services e.g. within TechLaw. Protecting intellectual property is still at the heart of our business, but there are additional ways to work with other intangible assets that have grown in importance such as data, algorithms and privacy. One example is our Managed Security Services, which create additional value for our clients now that we have a competitive offering in-house. In my new role, I will be able to shape the synergies and collaborations across business lines and regions in a strategical way”, says Thomas Rukin.
Zacco: Local presence, global collaborations
“Zacco has a strong client base and local presence in Norway with a main office in Oslo and well-established attorneys at several locations countrywide as e.g. in Bergen, Trondheim and Ålesund. I am proud to take over the business as regional director, because I know that I can rely on my highly qualified colleagues when approaching existing and new clients in this market”, says Thomas Rukin about his new responsibility. “Due to our size and scope, we can always come up with tailor-made solutions for the clients and service offerings like portfolio outsourcing, which is performed by our Indian colleagues, is very attractive and cost-efficient”.
Developing Zacco’s international business in the future
“When it comes to my own region, Norway and the UK, we are always looking for experienced IP professionals. Employee satisfaction is very high and that is of course something I aim to foster in my new role. Especially the UK is a great pool for well-educated talents and I reckon that our presence in the UK could play a major role in the development of Zacco’s international business. And within six months, we are going to relocate our Oslo office to newly-built premises, I hope this will give us a real energy boost”, Thomas concludes this peek into the nearer future.Back to all news
- Camilla Rendal Nielsen named as one of the Top 250 Women in IP for 202124 Juni 2022
- Zacco shortlisted for 10 awards in the Managing IP EMEA Awards 202228 April 2022
- Zacco partners with Atal Incubation Centre, Manipal University Jaipur to foster innovation25 April 2022
- Zacco’s Stockholm office has moved to new premises22 April 2022
- Patent Nord Innovation Award given to PanPac Engineering21 April 2022
- Zacco feat. Morten Jessel, new Attorney-at-law20 April 2022
- Zacco moves to our new office in the centre of Malmö4 April 2022
- Tier One for Trademark Prosecution for Zacco Denmark, Sweden and Norway22 März 2022
- Launch of the .AU domain for Australia10 März 2022
- Zacco helps those affected by the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine9 März 2022