Retail and E-Commerce
E-Commerce and shopping online has grown exponentially within the last decade and, with no signs of slowing, it comes as no surprise that international and domestic legislation has sometimes struggled to keep up.
The lack of a physical ‘shopfront’ offers enormous opportunities for international expansion but as the potential for developing untapped revenue streams improves, so does the risk of infringement on intellectual property rights. Success in e-commerce requires flexibility and continual innovation to stay relevant in a crowded marketplace and companies operating online now need to ensure that their trademarks and copyrights can be protected and defended across all existing markets, as well as those planned for future expansion.
The e-commerce legislative landscape is in a constant state of change as governments and international regulators explore new systems of compliance, expanding beyond the traditional areas of consumer protection into privacy, marketing and research data. With new regulations in place such as GDPR, cookie consent and PCI-DSS for payments, an approach that incorporates both Information Security and Data Protection is now integral to online commercial success. Companies where consumer data has been exposed or stolen have suffered irreparable reputational damage and, beyond the loss of consumer goodwill, failure to keep track of, and comply with, fast changing legislation can have dire financial consequences, from monetary fines to orders to cease trading.
Zacco advises some of the world’s most famous brands on registration, protection and monitoring of their trademarks, designs and copyrights. Our industry and e-commerce experts can guide you through all of your identity and digital IP assets, from physical stores to online ‘e-tail’, helping you to stay ahead of all legislative developments in the online marketplace, both within the EU and beyond. We have a developed understanding of relevant commercial law, regulatory compliance and best practice across the entire digital platform lifecycle and can conduct a comprehensive review across your range of e-commerce platforms. This can include securing a domain name associated with your brands, a compliance check across your supply chain, a full review of associated terms of business and detailed insight into all formal requirements as well as informal expectations.
Beyond the protection of your brand and reputation, Zacco Digital Trust can also assist with the latest in digital security development, protecting your underlying network infrastructure from unauthorised intrusion as well as helping you to safeguard your customer’s private information. From secure app development or payment solutions to a comprehensive review of your online marketplace ‘source code’, we can assist with all aspects digital retail security.
Get in touch with our experts and we can assist you with any of the following, and more:
- Conduct a comprehensive legal review of your entire e-commerce site and ordering process to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, both within the EU and beyond
- Advise on any and all Terms and Conditions, including membership and registration terms, associated with your e-commerce platforms
- Ensure that consumer data and private information is secure and cookie consent is handled appropriately. Our Digital Trust team can also assist with underlying network infrastructure security
- Establish, review and negotiate supplier agreements
- Run workshops and training sessions with your front-line staff on consumer regulations, rights and how to handle customer information appropriately
- Secure your primary domain name for e-commerce, incorporating all relevant security requirements, such as SSL-certificates, payment solutions and GDPR.
Zacco Digital Trust can also review your site’s code and perform penetration tests to assess your site’s security and defences.
Reden Sie mit uns!
Other services within Identity Assets
- Portfolio-Handhabung und Paralegal-Dienstleistungen
- Verified Mark Certificates (VMC)
- Schutz vor Produktfälschung
- IP Due Diligence
- Schutz von Geschäftsgeheimnissen
- Corporate Domain Management
- Sichere DNS-Verwaltung
- Streitigkeiten über Domänennamen und Online-Durchsetzung
- Digital Brand-Workshop und -Richtlinie
- Due Diligence für digitale Marken
- Trademark Clearinghouse
- Anfechtung einer Markenanmeldung oder -eintragung
- Durchsetzung von Markenrechten
- Löschungsverfahren für Marken und Designs
- Verfügbarkeitsrecherche für Marken und Designs
- Überwachung und Beobachtung von Marken und Designs
- Markenanmeldung und -verwaltung
- Durchsetzung von Designrechten